About St. John Cemetery
St. John Cemetery is located at 80-01 Metropolitan Avenue Middle Village, N.Y. The cemetery was established in 1881 by Bishop John Loughlin, the first Bishop of Brooklyn. St. John’s Cemetery This large and scenic cemetery totals 190 acres of land.
Within St. John Cemetery is a section called 056. It is dedicated to providing resting places for Diocesan Priests as well as many other religious congregations.
St. John’s Cemetery is part of the Saint John’s Cemetery Corporation. It made the transfer from the Diocese of Brooklyn to Saint John Cemetery Corporation in 2007. Saint John’s Cemetery Corporation now owns all the cemeteries for the Brooklyn Diocese. This includes Brooklyn’s Holy Cross Cemetery, Mount St. Mary in Flushing, and St. Charles/Resurrection Catholic Cemetery in Farmingdale.
80-01 Metropolitan Ave, Queens, NY 11379