Flushing Cemetery is located in Queens, NY, and is easily accessible from all of the major highways in the surrounding area, including the Clearview Expressway, the Long Island Expressway, and the Whitestone Expressway. Despite its urban location, Flushing Cemetery has a rural appeal that creates a restful, calming atmosphere conducive to reflection during visitation.
Throughout its 165 years as a burial location, Flushing Cemetery has become progressively larger. It was initially established in 1853, with a 20-acre plot that was purchased from the John Purchase farm by a committee of citizens who also formed the Flushing Cemetery Association. 22 years later, they purchased the 50-acre Whitehead Duryea farm and added it to the cemetery.
Flushing Cemetery now has over 75 acres and continues to be a fixture in the Catholic community. The large pavilion pays tribute to those veterans who have passed away in the line of service, as well as honoring those who continue to serve. The beautiful courtyards, trees, and other scenery commemorates Flushing’s importance as a center of horticulture in the late 1700s.
163-6 46th Ave, Queens, NY 11358